Save on Blog Expenses once you started running your very own blog site, you should also consider how to be cost efficient in your blog fees. Running a “real” blog, so to speak, can be costly. Well, you have to pay for domain name, the hosting service, email responder and the added features you need to apply for your blog site.
Blog fees can be paid on a one-time or yealry basis. Well if these factors may add more expenses then consider these options. Here now are some ideas on how to be cost effecient in your blog expenses.
1. Purchase new domain name – The first thing you do when you buy a domain name is check for availability. Since people have been registering domain names for years now, the URL you want may have been previously registered . In some instances, if that particular domain name became popular before then its price is surely high. The idea on how to save here is to buy a domain name that’s new and it hasn’t been registered before.
2. Opt for unlimited hosting – Hosting services offer various hosting packages and this means the space. Now if you think you’ll exceed the allotted space then opt for unlimited hosting. That way, you don’t have to worry about extra fees. Further, unlimited hosting includes unlimited domain name hosting, bandwidth and technical support.
3. Offer advertisement on your blog. You can earn extra cash with the extra space on your blog. Offer some of your blog real estate to advertisers or do a little bit of affiliate marketing (through sites like Amazon and Clickbank). Doing these things is very common among bloggers, so you might as well jump on the bandwagon. If you have your own products or services to sell, a simple plug on your blog wouldn’t hurt.
4. Use coupons. Blog service providers give out coupons and it’s quite “rampant” online. So you think customers can be enticed without money saving offers such as discount coupons? Before you hit the “pay now” button when purchasing something, do a quick search for coupon codes. More often than not, you’ll find one which could cut a couple of bucks off your total bill. Neat!
5. In-kind donations. There are some bloggers who are openly accepting personal donations from satisfied readers. In case a reader has read your blog and find it very helpful and it solves their problem then they have the option in giving you monetary tip . Just notify them on how they can donate or offer tip. For easy donation transactions, PayPal is the right one.
6. Sign up for multi-year contract. The principle of bulk buying can also be applied to blog services. Once you’ve signed a long-term contract with your selected service provider, the higher discount percentage you will get in terms of annual payments. Some service providers have a long-term offer that may last up to 10 years.
7. Make extra money reselling. It’s also possible to resell your very own services and make extra income. Showcasing and promoting what you’ve already got in your blog is indeed feasible. Almost all blog service providers already has affiliate network connections. You can either obtain monetary incentives, credit points and even freebies.
8. Earn extra on paid guest post. Paid guest postings can be tricky especially if you have some concenrs regarding SEO because your blog may incur backlinks. However for less traffic blogs, paid guest posts can provide income for blogg owners. There are offers that reach up to $100, which could more than take care of your blog fees.
9. (Avoid overkill~Avoid exaggeration~Don’t overdo it!}. Well, you may have purchased the latest template available and you already have your domain name (for brand protection anyway)Indeed, you’ve bought the template you chose and you already have your on blog a .com domain (it’s just brand protection and you know that well). Be contented with what you have. It’s not necessary to change your blog’s template every now and then or purchase out the TLD’s for your domain. It’s not a good idea to overdo it since it will only cost you more.
Once you have mastered the techniques in starting your self-blog then “free blog services” will not be on your vocabulary anymore. So don’t ever forget these tips my friend since these ideas will help you save money on your blog fees.
Learn how to start a blog, get people to read and share your blog, and make money from blogging with a step-by-step tutorial at howtostartablog.com.